Health & Safety Policy
The organisation aims to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our employees while they are at work and of others who may be affected by our undertakings, and compliance with all the relevant legislation.
To ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout vc-techs, we will be committed to:
- ensuring that there are arrangements put into place for the effective planning, development and review of this health and safety policy;
- ensuring that appropriate systems are developed and maintained for the effective communication of health and safety matters throughout the organisation;
- protecting the safety and health of all employees by preventing work-related injuries, ill health, disease and incidents;
- complying with relevant health and safety laws and regulations, voluntary programmes, collective agreements on health and safety and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes;
- ensuring that employees and their representatives are consulted and encouraged to participate actively in all elements of the occupational health and safety management system;
- continually improving the performance of the health and safety management system;
- providing the necessary information, instruction and training to employees and others, including temporary employees to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety;
- devoting the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of employees. Expert help will be sought where the necessary skills are not available within the organisation;
- liaising and working with all necessary persons to ensure health and safety, and will also ensure that adequate arrangements are also in place for ensuring the health and safety of visitors.
- We will take all reasonable steps to implement, monitor and maintain safe plant, substances, equipment, working environments and working practices within our organisation. We will continuously improve our management systems, in order to protect employees and others from risks to their health, safety and welfare whilst engaged in work related activities. We recognise that safety is the responsibility of everyone and is not just a function of management. Employees will have specific duties and responsibilities to comply with the letter and spirit of the policy. Employees have specific responsibilities to take reasonable care of themselves and others that could be affected by their activities and to co-operate to achieve the standards required.